I love interior design because I get to be creative and technical – an artist and a nerd! Design is not just about how things look; it’s just as much, if not more so, about how a space functions. And my life experiences allow me to tap into both.
- I love cooking so I know what makes a kitchen “work”.
- I have kids so I know a space can’t be just a one-time pretty picture at the end of the project. It’s going to be used and probably used hard.
- I … okay. I know bathrooms. Let’s just leave it at that.
- I spent 23 years in a corporate office. So I know what works and doesn’t work. A design may look great and get you accolades from your clients, but if it hinders and frustrates your employees, you’re losing valuable productivity.
- I have a child with special needs so I know there are special considerations in design.
- I design and make jewelry so I pay attention to detail.
What’s my style?
- I love texture
- I love color
- I love interior brick walls
- I love patterns
- I love to repurpose
- I love patina
I love lots of things. I love being an interior designer because each project is a new canvas. I never create the same style, look, period, over and over again.
But in the end, it doesn’t matter what I like. All that matters is that I can translate the thoughts, images and dreams you have, into a space that meets your needs
functionally and fashionably.